Monday, December 27, 2021

Snow Days

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Ours was very quiet, and very nice. My niece and her family (including the dogs) spent Christmas Eve eve and day at my mom's. They left for home just before the roads were closed Christmas Eve. 

It has snowed on and off for the last four days and is supposed to snow for the next five days. Yikes! It isn't as bad as it sounds. It has been a heavy wet snow that doesn't really stick. Regardless, I don't really want to drive down my steep driveway or my steep road, so I've been staying nice and warm inside cleaning and sewing.

I only made one thing for Christmas this year.

My niece's boyfriend wanted money for motorcycle parts, but I wanted to have something for him to open besides an envelope, so I made him a motorcycle themed pillowcase and wrapped it and the envelope in a huge box. 

Remember Christina who's nautical quilt I finished in October? She made me an afghan.



 It is a pretty green in real life. She "finger crochets" using a heavy thick chenille like yarn. So soft. Best part is for some reason Bella doesn't like it so I can cuddle up with it and not worry about her getting in my lap and kneading biscuits with her dagger claws.

Christmas night I loaded the 2nd of the 3 quarter log cabin quilts on to the frame. I finished adding the binding today.

I'm on a mission to get all of these quilted before January 1.

None of them are very big and I don't plan on doing any fancy quilting in any of them so hopefully it is doable.

I'll start this one tonight. Mostly in-the-ditch, with maybe X's in each block.

I hope you all have a very happy New Year. See you next year.





4 comments:

Rose said...

You have sure been busy! I think you will get those all quilted and i can't wait to see them. Especially that last. I know it isn't solids but st first glance on my phone. It looks it and it is gorgeous.

I need a spark of enthusiasm...actually it is not that I dont have enthusiasm. It is I suffer from not being able to make a decision. On what i want to make. What I want to do most

Needledmom said...

It looks like a winter wonderland! Your new afghan looks so cuddly and soft. It looks like you have fun quilting days ahead.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That snow looks so pretty, but I am with you - might as well stay home and quilt! The red and gray quilt is pretty.

Rose said...

I am wondering if you got all the quilts quilted!!!! I hope so.

I am late but wanted to wish you a Happy New Year!