Monday, December 20, 2021

Squirrel

 

 I told two different people that I started a squirrel project, they looked at me as though I was nuts and said it looked more like a snowflake than a squirrel.

Are quilters the only ones who know what a squirrel project is?

The snowflake pattern is a freebee by Lake Girl Quilts. I've always wanted to make the larger snowflake pattern by Modern Handcraft but the likelihood of that happening is pretty low so this little quilt was my compromise.  It's supposed to finish at 13 x 13 inches, but mine is 13 x 13.5.  Don't ask.

My Baby Lock did pretty good with the free motion quilting however it did not like some of the bulky seams.  

I have one last minute Christmas present to make and then I'll be ready for wrapping. 

According to the weather app on my phone I could have my first white Christmas. Getting up and down my driveway and hill to get to my mom's could be an adventure.

I hope you all have a warm, safe and very merry Christmas.


3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love the smaller version. Your color choices are perfect for it.

Rose said...

I do love that snowflake. I had to look up to find the meaning a squirrel project. Now I totally get it.

Rose said...

Merry Christmas!