Monday, May 16, 2022

Busy!

 

Yippee! The Moxie is all set up and I've been practicing.


Isn't she pretty? And no she doesn't have a name. I've never named my sewing machines or my cars. But with so much power they must be she's ;o).


Playing.


Practicing.

Need to work on my swirls more.

I need to practice a little bit more, but I think I'll load a quilt soon. 

I have a short attention span, a person can only practice so long. I decided on the flying geese layout - mainly because it would be the easiest to put together - although I like the zigzag better. I'll make the zigzag version soon with more interesting fabrics.

I made a bazillion two-patches for the Aunt Daisy quilt. Now I need to press them open and sew them into four-patches.


I also made lots of progress on the May UFO. 


I am loving this quilt and the layout. It is going together really fast and may be the first quilt loaded on the new frame.


Do you see the big ears? I haven't seen a jack rabbit around for a while. He was a big guy.


2 comments:

Rose said...

Your practice quilting looks wonderful! I sure look forward to seeing the quilting you do with it. In that picture with the meandering....were all the different samples did freehand...those to the left of the meanering look so perfect.

At first glance I did not realize the jackrabbit was real. Thought it was yard art.

I am glad the top is going together good. You are sure making progress on Daisy.

Needled Mom said...

It looks like you and Moxie are getting to know each other well. You will have fun with it. That IS a big rabbit. Hope it doesn’t do much damage to the garden.