Monday, May 2, 2022

Happy Dance

 It's finally here!!


It won't be set up until next Monday. When I called last Tuesday, I was told the owner would gone until mid-June!!?? I told the person who I was talking to that I had already waited two months and that I was not interested in waiting two more months and that I'd like to cancel the order. I was informed the owners daughter would be back in twenty minutes and that she could help me.  The daughter called me back (a first), apologized for the delay said she had already contacted Handi Quilter - they offered $500 in additional accessories and stated it would be shipped within the next two days. I had shipping tracking numbers the next day and it was delivered on Friday. The daughter will be out next Monday to install and train. I'm soooo excited again!!

I haven't touched my sewing machine in over a week. I decided I needed to declutter my sewing room and start cutting. Hopefully that will get me motivated to actually sew.

I changed my mind on the pattern for the fat quarter bundle. I think I'll like this star chain much better. I finished cutting everything today. I still have left over fat quarters. 


I also cut out background fabric for my next two leader-ender projects. My goal was to make a dent in the 5 inch square scrap bin. Unfortunately it barely made a dent. I'll show those as I get to them and make progress...right now it's just a lot of 5 inch squares...not too exciting.

My May UFO Challenge project is not really a UFO as I haven't started it yet. I've been trying to find a pattern for this hot rod panel for ages. I'm going to adapt the quilt picture shown to the size of the panel blocks. 


I think it will be a quick, easy and fun project. I'd kinda like to add some green and or yellow to the mix.

I also need to make 128 4-patch blocks for the Aunt Daisy quilt. I think May is going to be a very busy month.




3 comments:

Rose said...

Yes! So excited for you. I cant wait to see it set up and how you like it. I love that guilt pattern. The fabrics shown with are fabrics I love.

Rose said...

It will be interesting zdx to g to see the hotrod panel used...believe it or not Lorelei would probably have loved it when she was little. She would play and play with her hot wheels...

Rose said...

Do not ask what zdx to g means...lol