Monday, May 23, 2022

Ta Da!!

 

I decided I'd practiced enough and loaded a small quilt to the frame. Then I changed the needle, loaded the bobbin and...nothing. I could bring the bobbin thread up, but it wasn't catching the bobbin thread when I attempted to stitch. Lots of bad words were said. So I checked the Moxie group on Facebook...thread guide in front and make sure the needle is all the way up...nothing. More bad words. Called my friend Donna who has a long arm, we talked through a bunch of possibilities...nothing. Oh my, shoulda washed my mouth out with soap - such dirty words. My mom stopped by and asking if I'd read the machine instructions...huh?

Sigh, the instructions had a picture. What I thought was the thread guide was not the thread guide, it was a groove in the needle which is supposed to be in the back. Turned the needle around and everything worked wonderful. My mother is so smart.


Above is the kind of geometric quilting I decided on. Lines aren't totally straight but not bad.


And here is the finished quilt. Doing a happy dance.

I have a lot of things in my sewing room that are almost done or would be quick finishes. Too many, I've been getting that overwhelmed feeling again. So I've been trying to finish things or take the next step / finish the step of something every day.


Layette blanket I picked up at Quilts for Kids a few months ago. Got it sewn, turned, and machine tacked down.


Sewed my Aunt Daisy flying geese blocks into pairs - still need to iron them open.


Made a pillow case from fabric I picked up from Quilts for Kids a couple months ago. Still have two more pillow cases to sew, they are prepped and ready.

I've also have a quilt sandwich that I picked up from my guild a few months ago that needs to be quilted. The back is large, so I'll load it on the frame next. It's a panel, should be quick and easy.

The race car quilt is ready to be put together. Although it needs to be bigger. Working on a few ideas there.

The Aunt Daisy two-patches need to be ironed open and sewn into four-patches. 

I decided to make the flying geese layout with the all the half square triangles...the geese have been sewn together now, I need to sew the top together.

The green diamond quilt with the high loft poly bat hasn't been touched since December - it needs to be finished.

See what I mean by overwhelmed. I'll be happy if I can check off three of the above this week.




2 comments:

Rose said...

But you are making progress! The quilting looks great! I wish I had room for one, as well as the money to buy one. This is terrible, but I feel with how things are, it would be a waste of money. Just seems like I am so slow that I don't get much sewing done.

Needled Mom said...

Mothers always know best! It looks like you are enjoying the Moxie. You’ll learn something new with each quilt if you are like me.