Monday, September 19, 2022

Hodgepodge

 The question of the day: Is hodpepodge one word or two? I found both when I looked up its definition.

Tuesday I went over to Joanne's with a few other Quilts for Kids members to help organize her she-shed.


What is not shown is the fabric to the right that we had sorted and or purged. Joanne gets a lot of donated fabric which includes lots of scraps and really old fabrics. There was so much there that we were only keeping the "good stuff". The rest would be tossed or donated elsewhere.

Tuesday night I watched my grand-niece play volleyball at a local high school.


Hope this works. She is number 4. Her team won 3-1.

I added a white border to the 16-patch rail top and I'm calling it done. I think it would look off if I added the pieced border.

At Joanne's I picked up a pre-quilted panel and an already quilted panel sandwich. Both needed squared up and binding.

  

One cute, one kinda ugly.

Joanne also requested pillowcases.

  

  

I love making pillowcases. Most of the fabric was from my stash.

The 16-patch rail was my September UFO Challenge project, with it done I went back to working on Oliver in the Doghouse.

I've been putting the rows together. I think I'm going to use the fabric in the center for the roof on the doghouse, the border/binding, and since there is six yards, I think there will be enough of it for the back also. The next Project Linus mystery starts Saturday, so I would really like to get this top finished by then.

And finally, I loaded my cat sampler quilt and have started quilting it.


This is going to take a while...lots of stitch in the ditch and scrolling up and down to quilt the 12 inch blocks. 

Whew! I did a lot more than I thought. ;o)



2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Love that scrappy quilt!!! Your quilting is looking really nice. Moxie is going to be busy.

Rose said...

Whew! You have been busy! I I enjoyed seeing everything so much. I like making pillowcases, too. I think part of the reason I like to make them is because I can make and finish them in one day if I choose. I think you are right with the 16 patch...it sure is pretty.