Monday, September 12, 2022

Minus Two

 

I finished quilting and binding the jelly roll quilt. 

I quilted it with an all over loop meander using a silver colored thread. The back is a nice soft flannel. I think the finished size was something like 42 x 52 inches. It will be donated next week.


Using a random number generator, the blue paisley table topper was my next item to be quilted. I didn't do anything fancy - figured the fabric was so busy nothing would really show - so I stitched in the ditch around everything. Quilts in the closet is down to 31 - happy dancing.


I finished putting together the center of my 16-patch rails quilt. The whole quilt is made with 2.5 inch squares or strips. There are 32 squares/strips down the length of the quilt...should measure 64.5 inches, correct? Nope!!! it measures 66.5 inches!!! WTbleep!!! The width should be 50.5 inches, it measures 55.5 inches.... sigh. I measured the width of the white jelly roll, Kona Cotton white - it was closer to 2.75 than 2.5. Between that, and I tend to always sew a scant quarter inch, the measurements are really off. It is supposed to have a pieced border, adding it may be interesting since things won't line up. Should I just frame it in white and say it is done? The border is supposed to be more 2.5 inch squares - three deep. If I don't use them, what should I do with them? I hate when stuff like this happens. 

Oh well, if this is all I have to worry about I guess I should consider myself lucky.


1 comment:

Rose said...

You have been so busy! I am living the blue paisley table topper. Still like the 16 patch/rail fence top. I am not sure what I would do for the border. I would probably put a light inner border. Then I would experiment with the 2 1/2 inch squares. I might have them at two corners...and extending across the top and down the side so far.

And then from the corner diagonal to the first. Or cconsider using them on the back. Or made another small quilt.