Monday, September 5, 2022

Not Focusing

 My quilting / sewing has gotten a bit scatter brained again. This past week I worked on a little bit of everything and didn't really complete anything.

My August UFO Challenge was Oliver in the Dog House. Last minute progress was made but not enough.


The birds are paper pieced and were easy to put together. The 2022 mystery, Bon Appetit with Ash, starts September 24th and I'd really like to have Oliver completed by then. 

A couple of months ago I picked up a baggie of two inch squares from the guild free table. I've been using the squares as my leader-ender project since then.

This is 14 inches square. I have a back and binding. I really should finish it, but I've added it to the list of to-be-quilted. I picked up another community service quilt sandwich from the guild. Both increased my quilt top count to 33.


I loaded this jelly roll quilt a few days ago and haven't done anything else since.

My September UFO Challenge is last year's leader-ender project. Don't know if this has an official name but I've been calling it 16-patch rails.


All the units are done I just have to put the top together. The rows are going together fast. It has a pieced border which should be interesting to add. I have been focusing a bit on getting the center of this quilt put together with a little help from season two of Vera.


2 comments:

Rose said...

You may not have completed anything but you sure did some playing! I love the little birds. I have looked at some different birds and thought I might not mind playing with them.

I like the Sixteen Inch Rails...I think that is a good name. If I can remember in a bit I am going to send a pic of a paper pieced leaf that my daughter did. It is gorgeous.

Needled Mom said...

Those birds are so cute. You have accomplished a lot more than I have lately. That's a great Leader/ender project.