Monday, October 24, 2022

What I've been working on

 I've been working on a variety of things this past week. Some brainless sewing, some focused sewing, and some fun sewing.

First up, I finished Oliver in his doghouse.


I think he turned out cute. Today I've been trying to focus on finishing the Oliver in the Doghouse quilt top.
 
Close, but I'm done for the night. I still have to put the side sashing borders on (white) and the outer border (shown). I'm tempted to add a red pop border, but I don't have anything in my stash that I like. I think I have enough of the bone fabric for borders, binding and back.

I loaded, quilted, added the binding and donated the creepy girl quilt.


I didn't make this quilt. Joanne asked if I would quilt it a while ago and I said yes. It took a while to figure out how I wanted to quilt it. The stars were easy but what to in the panels?


I bought some curved rulers recently and used them to add some simple curved lines. Don't look at the pebbles on the top and bottom, they are pretty bad.

I recently found a tote containing a bunch of scrap fabrics that I didn't remember having. I think they came from Angela's estate sale fabrics. I cut them up into 5 and 2.5 inch strips and squares. Underneath them were the scraps from my kaleidoscope quilt. They were too big to just toss but odd shaped strip pieces. I got brave and tried making some crumb blocks.


I made 12 6.5 inch blocks and tossed the rest. I have no idea what I will do with them. I found it easier to make crumb blocks when the scraps were coordinated and partially pieced already. I'm thinking I should dig some of the pieces out of the trash bin so I can make cornerstones blocks for the sashing. Hmmm.


I had some odd length strip sets that I cut up and sewed into a long narrow runner.  

I also partially loaded this guild community service quilt.


What I should be working on is some yard work and house cleaning, but that is a totally different subject.



1 comment:

Rose said...

Wow! You have been busy! I dint kn kik w where to start. Oliver turned out so cute!

I love your crumb blocks...did you enjoy making them? I have a love hate affair with crumb blocks. I just cannot stop making them.

The guild quilt looks so bright Nd cheerful!