Monday, December 19, 2022

Merry Christmas

 I should be finishing up my shopping, writing and mailing Christmas cards, wrapping gifts, and cleaning, but I've been puttering around doing a little bit (very little bit) of a lot of other things.

I haven't done any sewing so didn't think I'd have anything to share tonight. After downloading pictures from my phone, I have more than I thought I would.

First up. As a quilter do you like receiving quilts as a gift? I do! Donna in Idaho made this quilt for me.


It is soooo pretty in person! The back is a black Woolies flannel (sooo soft) and she quilted it using a layer of 80/20 batting and a layer of wool batting (sooo warm). Love, love, love it. 

Next up. Another ugly quilt picked up at Quilts for Kid. 


Joanne gets lots of fabric donated and sometimes there are quilt tops. This was one. One of the group picked it up, added batting and a backing and asked if I'd quilt it. Can't do it. This is not a quilt for a kid. The center is batiks. The border fabric is seersucker - old seersucker. The setting triangles feel like sheet fabric. I do like the colorful center and think it is a good start. I've already taken it apart and I'll add more batik squares and a few borders to it to make it a nice size. The seersucker was tossed in the garbage.

She also gets partially made quilts.


There are 2 finished blocks, 9 partially pieced blocks, and pieces and parts for another 3 or 4 blocks. A few of the blocks have the sailboat fabric shown on the left.  I think this will be a very cute quilt and won't take long to finish.

Finally, I loaded a quilt top that I picked up from my guild. 


The back is pieced with 3 different flannels (top is flannel also). When I initially loaded the back with the pieced seams running horizontally, I could not get the seams straight. I took it off, measured and check everything - all good - but again couldn't get the seams straight. So, I've loaded the back with the seams vertical. Outside edges are all over the place but the vertical seams are straight, and the quilt is centered nicely. Hopefully the vertical seams won't cause me any problems. I'll show you the end result next week.

Tomorrow, I really need to focus on getting my holiday tasks finished. Or at least started!

I hope you all have a very wonderful holiday.


1 comment:

Rose said...

The quilt Donna gave you is gorgeous! And sounds like it feels wonderful.

I like that sailboat fabric...that is going to be such a nice quilt. The quilt on your Moxie looks simple but fun.