Monday, December 26, 2022

Are you sure it's Monday?

 

Sure feels like Sunday to me.

I had a very nice Christmas with my family. We celebrate Christmas Eve so Christmas day was pretty quiet, my mom made a great ham dinner then whomped me playing cards.

Today it has rained almost all day. I've taken a shower but dressed in jammies and sweats. It's supposed to rain all week so this could be the dress code for the next few days. ;o)

Remember the ugly little quilt I showed last week? Well, put your sunglasses on, this is what it looks like now.


Just a little bit different (hehehe). I went through my batik scraps and cut them into 5 inch squares. I looked for something that would stand out against all the different colors and the only thing I had on hand was the green. Might be a bit too bright.

The top finishes at 41 x 50 inches. I went through my stash again to find 1.5 yards fabric with a 44 inch width. Put your sunglasses back on.


This is all I could find that wasn't flowery. 


 The quilt is loaded and ready to go.

I finished the flannel quilt I was working on last week.


Still needs binding. I don't think I'm going to add a flannel binding. The flannels are kinda light and stretchy, I think a non-flannel binding will stabilize it better...plus I don't have any flannels in my stash that would work color wise.


I didn't have any problems with the vertical back seams. They turned out nice and straight!


Here's a close-up of the blocks. Very easy pattern.

My two goals for this next week are to actually get dressed at least one day and to finish Bon Appetit with Ash. Don't hold your breath on the getting dressed goal.

See you all next year! I hope you have a very happy New Year!
 

2 comments:

Rose said...

I did not think the ugly quilt was too ugly, but this is a wonderful improvement. I just love the way the stars pop out and reach into the border. I really like that flannel quilt...I think it a good choice to not bind with flannel.

Needled Mom said...

That green is perfect! It really looks nice. The flannel quilt is very pretty too.