Monday, May 15, 2023

Rogue Valley Piecemakers Quilt Show

 My guild had their quilt show this past weekend. The guild puts on a very nice show with lots of vendors, raffle baskets, make and takes, a silent auction, boutique and lots of quilts. This year's theme was "Every Quilt Tells a Story". Members were asking to make a 12 x 36 inch quilt that told a story. I drew a complete blank so didn't make one, but here are few:



Sew creative!

Here are a few of my favorite quilts from the show:


Loved the above quilt!


So cute!



The above quilt was HUGE.



I thought the two quilts above were a fantastic use of border fabric and colors.


This quilt was hand appliqued and quilted. Beautiful!

Again, I didn't do any sewing this past week. I really need to get out of this rut.

I did get this quilt actually loaded on the frame versus laying across it.


And here's a blast from the past:


I haven't touched my blackwork project in over a year. I started working on the dogwood this morning at today's guild meeting and finished it this afternoon. My poor dogwood only had two blossoms this year. 





2 comments:

Rose said...

I would love to have seen all the quilts...the ones you showed were so beautiful and creative. The ones that tell a story were wonderful. I loved the butterfly one, too. I love butterflies. Lorelei would probably love Spellbound.

Mary said...

Wonderful quilts. That appliqué is incredible.