Monday, May 29, 2023

She Sewed!

 Wonders never cease. I finished squaring up the Kira blocks. Laid them out on the bigger design bed (mine) (after throwing not very helpful Bella out) and after several hours of sewing have a finish quilt top.


Even though I took the picture about 5 minutes ago (nighttime) the colors are fairly true. It's a very muted quilt of black, gray, cream, and a goldy brown. After looking at this picture I probably should have spent a little more time moving blocks around. A few of the very dark blacks are a little close to each other...oh well.

The top is roughly 68 x 85. I'd really like to put minky/cuddle on the back. Shannon Fabrics makes a 90 inch wide back that would be the perfect size. I've never put cuddle fabric on a back before - since this is a gift I'm not too sure about using it for the first time on this. If I don't use the cuddle, I'll use a very soft flannel (if I can find one). Since I have no idea how I'm going to quilt it I probably don't need to rush into buying a back.

Currently on the frame:


I think I'm going to play a bit with this...a little bit of rulers and a little bit of free motion.

I have jury duty this week so I'm not sure how much more sewing will happen.


2 comments:

Mary said...

I really like that neutral quilt…great design and colors. Good luck with your jury duty.

Rose said...

That turned out great! I really liked the blocks and live them sewn together! Maybe you will luck out and not be chosen on the jury duty. Though I dont know why I say 'luck out'....