Monday, May 8, 2023

Vintage Find

 I didn't get any sewing done last week. My mom and I took a quick trip to Lakeport, CA to visit her best friend. While there we ate lots of good food, played lots of cards (oops, I might have won all the games) and shopped at a lot of thrift stores.

I saw this at one thrift store:

I've never seen the pattern before. 


It is made of two different red with white polka dot fabrics. The quality is wonderful. All hand pieced. No stains or fade marks. About 68 x 86 inches.


It is half hand quilted with no batting. The muslin on the back is really brittle feeling, stiff - the only downside of the quilt. One side has been brought to the front and hand sewn as binding.


Since there is no batting, the quilting is really hard to see, but they are very little stitches. It was half off and I offered less - and bought the quilt. I just love it.

Now I have to decide what to do with it. What would you do?


1 comment:

Rose said...

Well, I would love looking at it....I would want it on display somewhere. And I would want to make a quilt top just like it. It is almost a take on a Double Irish chain.