Monday, July 24, 2023

Working in My Favor


 I think being a little scatter brained is working in my favor. I'm getting a little bit done on a lot of projects and not getting bored with them.

I finished the hand sewing on Elvira's binding.

I quilted and machine sewed the binding on the Ark panel.


The back was way too long, when I trimmed the quilt I used the extra backing as the binding. The back was pieced, the pieces added a nice touch to the binding.

I sewed the 12 patch blocks into a quilt top.


I really like how this turned out. Stephanie called it the disappearing 12 patch, I kinda like that name.

As I mentioned last week I finished sewing all the Brightly blocks.


All laid out on the design bed. I currently have four rows sewn together.

I also got the first two A-Mazing blocks sewn together.



Sewing them is as much of a maze as the quilt design is. ;o) Guess I should have cleaned up the strings before taking the pictures.

If I don't have a specific top to quilt, I use a random number generator to determine which to quilt next.


 This little table runner won. This is the smallest top I've quilted on the frame. I'm not a fan. I think I'll stick to quilting small items like table runners and wall hangings on the Juki. I loaded this one because I wanted to use my rulers. Using them was iffy, I even tried FMQ instead of the rulers and that was iffier. So I've ordered a ruler foot for the Juki...that should be an interesting adventure.

I've finished quilting the runner and have it ready for binding. I'll show the finished runner next week.

Using the random number generator again...


Disappearing 12 patch won! I made a flannel back for it but unfortunately it is not big enough for the top. I don't know what Plan B is yet. 


1 comment:

Rose said...

You have sure been busy...and I love it all. The Ark panel turned out so nice. And the disappearing nine patch is so interesting to look at. And I love Brightly. I love the table runner, too. How come you dislike quilting it on tha Moxie?