Monday, July 3, 2023

Need to Focus

 You know how they say you can't make progress on a project if you don't work on it? Well, I kinda feel that way when just a little time is spent on too many projects. Confused? Let me explain.

I've spent a couple of hours quilting Elvira.


I'm about half done. I made the mistake of using a gold thread that really blends in with the fabrics, unfortunately I'm quilting ribbons and seeing and trying to follow the previous quilting line is really difficult. So far, I'm happy with the quilting.


I spent a couple of hours sewing strip sets then sub cutting them into 2 patches.


I spent a couple of hours sorting through the tote box of flannel that I showed last week. I even found another tote box. Most of these are leftovers from prior quilt backs. I think I can sew the pieces and parts together to make more quilt backs.


I spent a couple of hours sewing and pressing 2 patch blocks for the Brightly chain blocks. I also cut the binding for Elvira.


Earlier in June I was playing with these 12 patch blocks trying to figure out a possible pattern. They are my July UFO Challenge project. Since these are truly a UFO I'm going to work on it this month.

If I had focused on one project this past week, I might have been able to actually finish something. Oh well.

Have a safe and fun 4th tomorrow.


1 comment:

Rose said...

At least you have something to show for your time! I wish I could see the quilting on Elvira. I have the trouble of not seeing where I have quilted a lot of times. That is frustrating. But then, I don't worry about it cause the quilts I make, what few I make, are made to be sued.

I thought the Brightly quilt pattern looked familiar, and was just now sitting going through photos sent between my daughter and myself, and got back a year or two, and there it was! Not sure who sent it to who, but one of us had sent it to the other because we liked it. LOL