- found a flannel in my stash (remember the sale from the Ashland shop - bought 7 yards of a pale yellow flannel that was in the clearance room) to make a back for the disappearing 9 patch, got that all ready to put together, set it on the sewing table.
- marked and pinned the fall churn and dash wall hanging for quilting, set it on the sewing table.
- marked and pinned the single churn and dash wall hanging for quilting, set it on the sewing table.
- pinned the little scrap table topper for quilting, set it on the sewing table.
- cut out the pieces and parts to make another sewing mat, set it on the sewing table.
I have an extra large gift bag from the Dollar Store that I dump all my scraps in. It fell over, guess it was a little to full. I decided I need to be more organized with my scraps so I again went to the Dollar Store and picked up a few clear shoe box sized storage boxes. I sorted through everything, had to iron most of it since it had been really stuffed in the bag, then cut some 5, 2.5 , 2 and 1.5 inch strips from the bigger pieces, cut some 2.5 inch squares from the smaller pieces, and started a "strings" bag for whatever was leftover.
- found lots of left over squares from the valentine table topper in the scrap bag, decided I could make a small quilt from the left overs - 9 patch squares would be cute, have enough for 25 blocks, had a Kona white in my stash that would set them off perfectly. Cut out everything and set it on the sewing table.
- found MORE pieces and parts from the fat quarter bundle, decided I had enough to make a kinda sorta chinese coin table runner. Cut out everything and set it on the sewing table.
- found the scraps from the Stonehenge Illusion quilt, hmmm I think there is enough here to make a braided table runner...
This is where I decided things were getting out of hand. Four days after I started pulling greens, creams and purples, none of them were cut and there were a lot of other items ready for sewing on my sewing table, but no sewing was getting done.
I made the above 30 x 13 table runner this evening using the last of the fat quarter bundle. I swear all that is left of that bundle is one little 1 x 4 inch strip.
Everything else sitting on the sewing table should be fast and easy to finish. Nothing else is getting cut until the table is clear. But I also need a break from quilting, tomorrow I think I'll go to the movies and maybe splurge on some ice cream.