Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekly Post

One of the local sewing and craft stores had an in-store quilt show this weekend. All the quilts were hanging from the ceiling. Kinda put a kink in your neck looking at the quilts. There were lots of interesting quilts, however the only quilt I took a picture of is this one.

I really like the secondary churn dash block the sashing creates...unless the churn dash is the center of the block and the floral is the sashing???

Either way, I really liked the look of this quilt.

I've actually gotten a little bit of sewing and piecing done this week. I've sewn together a ton of green and cream strips, now I need to cut them up into 2.5 inch pieces. That could take while...hmmm, if I was smart and if I was productive, I would cut 2-4 strips per night...then it wouldn't be such a chore. I wonder how smart and productive I am....

And I finished the top for my grand niece. It was fairly easy to make. I hope this fits her.

The matching skirt is about 1/3 done, hopefully I'll finish it this week.



1 comment:

AnnieO said...

Nice quilt but I'm blind---I can't see the churn dash! Love your green strips. What are you turning them into?

Darling little top!