Monday, February 11, 2019

 
I was not loving the fabrics I had pulled for the Threadology quilt along...which I think is why I asked for your opinions. Normally when I select fabric for a quilt I feel pretty positive about most or all of the fabrics. I was doubting 4 or 5 of the fabrics. The only ones I truly liked were the two dark fabrics.  So I pull them and went through my stash again. Then I went to the Folsom Quilt Show with Stephanie and Nancy. Here are my fabrics for Threadology:


The top fabric will be my background fabric. It is a Moda Grunge and is not as white as it looks. The black and tan leaf is a batik. Normally I don't like to mix quilt fabrics (?? don't know the appropriate term) with batiks but I really like this print with the mix - plus I didn't realize it was a batik until I got it home and laid them all out together.  I really like this group. I've already started making the first set of blocks.

This past week I finish the February blocks for Kathleen Tracy's mystery:


The blocks are four inches finished. I took the bonus triangles, squared them up to one inch, made 1.5 inch broken dish blocks (my fav) then put the blocks together...


 Hehehehe...LOVE IT. I'm going to add borders to it so you will see it again later.

I also finished quilting Stephanie's quilt. She was able to add the binding this past weekend.


The pattern is Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson Designs. 

On a non-quilty note, for years, when I could, I have donated blood. I think volunteering to donate blood is easy and has a big impact.


Last Friday I hit the eight gallon milestone. 
 

4 comments:

Loris said...

Pretty new fabrics for the Threadology quilt. It's good to start with a group you feel more confident about. I love the broken dishes! I have a zillion bonus triangles I have stitched. They might go this direction as well. And Thank you for the blood donations. It definitely is needed and appreciated!

Rose said...

Now I can see why you changed fabrics...love these, too.

I cannot imagine working that small scale and having it look so good!

Roger always gave blood, too. They brought the 'whatever'(bus, van--I don't know since I wasn't there) and set up at work and made it very convenient for them to give. Then they set up a permanent place down on the main street going through Terre Haute and stopped going to his place of work. But he would stop an give if they called and asked could he...

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Love this fabric selection and your mystery blocks are so cute! Wow, eight gallons! I've donated blood from time to time but not nearly as much!

Needled Mom said...

Those fabrics are going to make a great Threadology finish. Your blocks also look so nice.

Donating blood makes such a difference in so many lives.