Monday, February 4, 2019

More Quilting

 
I didn't do much sewing this past week other that start a pieced back for the Violet's Bakery quilt. I tried to use up all the scraps for the back but there is still quite a bit of scraps left over.

This is my final January finish. A table topper that was pieced two years ago is finally quilted.


I'm not crazy about the quilting...I feel like it needs more but since I can't figure out what more is I'm going with done.

Stephanie ask me to quilt one of her quilts. I got it loaded on the frame and quilted in one day.


Notice Bella...she is not a quilt helper. She thinks quilts on the frame make great trampolines. The spray bottle wasn't doing the trick so I finally had to lock her up in my room while I finished the quilt.

I don't know how professional long arm quilters do it, even with the mat on the floor, my back was killing me by the time I finished the quilt. I really want to load another quilt this week, but I think I'm going to have wait a day - and take a couple of Tylenol - before I load the next one.
 

2 comments:

Loris said...

Lovely new table topper. Figuring out what to quilt is usually where I get stumped. I don't think table toppers need that much quilting but if you wanted to add more. I would just continue that same design out to the edge. I do like your choice for the center.
Stephanie's quilt is wonderful and cheery! Some longarmers have a saddle chair they use while they are quilting and say it helps with backs, etc. It doesn't look to me like it would help but I get pretty tired when quilting and I'm thinking of trying one out. I'll let you know if I find one to use. Bella is such a cutie. My group isn't much help with quilting either ;-)

Rose said...

That is a pretty table topper...I am not sure what other quilting you could have done. When I am making something for someone else, and know who I am giving it to before I quilt it, I have a horrible time deciding how to quilt it. But if it is for me, I can take off and just go....

Squirt bottles have never worked for me...the cats turn around and want to play with it.