Monday, February 25, 2019

More Little Finishes

  
I got a couple more small table toppers quilted and the binding added during the last week.


Again, no fancy quilting, but they are done.


Hehehe, I "staged" the mug rug  photo.


I think I have four small table topper / wall hangings left to quilt then I need to start in on the larger quilts.

I hit the scrap bin again this week and actually made a dent in it...sorta. I found there were a lot of 2.5 and 5 inch strips that I had dumped in the bin, I pulled them out and sorted them into their own bins. I can almost see the bottom of the bin.

I've finally settled on three scrap projects to make from the scrap bin. Here are the test blocks for the first one...


Sharon at Vroomans Quilts had a tutorial for the 3-D string blocks and I really liked them.  They are not very big, 5.5 x 6.5 unfinished. These were quick and fun to make. My plan is to do a few a week. I don't have sample blocks for the other two projects but they are cut out and ready to sew so stay tuned.

It has been cold here the past week. Here's Bella snuggled / burrowed into a bunch of pillows trying to stay warm.


We are suppose to get another week of rain, so I should have lots of quilty things to show you next week...unless my house floats away.
 



3 comments:

Loris said...

Bella is a smart girl! Elinor does the same. I really have to look awhile for her sometimes. Lovely finishes with your table toppers. I'm still sewing up bonus HST's but started to square some up. Someday I'll figure out an arrangement and get them sewn together. I have 3 different sets.
Wonderful new string start!

Tanza Erlambang said...

yes, fancy quilting. love it.
have a great day

Rose said...

Oh, you are accomplishing so much...and I like the things you are doing. I am liking those sample blocks you have made. Bella is a lucky cat...