Monday, July 15, 2019

A Finish

  
Selling your house is an interesting process. My realtor has called the realtor for all of the people who looked at my house. Their reasons to not buy are interesting...# 1 - the back yard is too small, #2 - they are going to look at new houses (there are a lot of new housing developments around here), and #3 is the house is too small - they should try cleaning it every morning just in case someone wants to view it, 1900 sq feet is a lot of floor to vacuum every morning (or almost every morning). But then maybe I shouldn't criticize as I've looked at over 30 house in Oregon and haven't found anything yet.

If this week is like last week I should be able to relax a bit until Thursday.

Sewing and cleaning up the sewing room every night has not been too bad, but so far everything I've worked on has been an ongoing project...

I finished (maybe) my Threadology quilt:


I decide to change the layout of the blocks, which meant I had to make four more small ones, but I sooooo like this version.  I'm still debating if I should add a small border of the cream as a final border.

I also quilted and added the binding to this wall hanging. In the picture I haven't hand sewn the binding down yet but I did finished it tonight.


Looking at the picture part of me wants to add a little bit more quilting between the flower pots. Hmmmm, maybe just one more echo line?

I rebelled against house cleaning today. Tomorrow, before I start working on the trapezoid quilt I'll clean. I don't want to tempt fate too much.
   


4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your Threadology is great. Lots of diversity of blocks that look great together.
xx, Carol

Loris said...

I have you on my mind a lot wondering how the house business was all going. These transitions are a challenge of endurance! I'm hoping the suspense on both ends resolves soon. Your Threadology quilt is beautiful! And the embroidery quilt is very cute. Kind of amazing progress and finish in the midst of all you have going on. The colors in the Threadology is really lovely.

Rose said...

I so love your Threadology quilt. I hate to even think of selling a house these days...

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The quilt is beautiful. Try not to get too caught up in the negative comments, especially ones you have no control over (location, size etc). They ask for comments and people are way more likely to give negative ones. Everyone is going to have negative reasons....except for that ONE who wants it. Hang in there! I'm just now closing on the sale of a commercial property so have been hearing all those reasons people give for not buying it. Just gotta let 'em roll off if there's nothing you can do about it.