Monday, December 9, 2019

In the New House


Finally.

Moving day was almost uneventful. Instead of three movers only two showed up. Those two guys worked their patookies off and then had to drive home to Eugene - about a 2.5 hour drive.

I didn't stay at the house Tuesday as all my personal stuff and Bella were still at my mom's house and I had also worked my patookie off. I really didn't feel like bringing another load over and unpacking it.

So Wednesday was the official first night for Bella and I. Other than a very vocal trip over Bella has done great.


Except there is no bathtub in my bathroom for her to play in...


But there are lots of high places to explore.


And these guys come by everyday.

All the furniture is in place and has even been re-arranged already. I have unpacked or at least looked in all of the boxes. The back bedroom is a bit of a mess as all the nick-knacks and pictures are there. The garage still needs to be "arranged" so I can put stuff out there and fit the truck in. A friend of my mom's is moving next month so she has been coming by for boxes everyday - good incentive to unpack and really helpful to have them out of the way so quickly!

My sewing room (formally the office) has been set up...


And is a mess already as I started pulling and cutting fabrics for Temecula Quilt Company's Tiny Trees sew along.


The new washer and dryer have been delivered but they were not able to install the dryer. Hopefully that will be resolved tomorrow as I have a mountain of laundry and risk having to go commando soon. ;o)

I'll leave you with the view from the living room windows...





5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Great!! You're getting settled in. Love that shower! Bella will get used to it. Is there water in the background of the backyard pic? Those are great shelves in your sewing room.
Merry Christmas
xx, Carol

Loris said...

Pictures! Yay! You have gotten so much done quickly. Both you and Bella have some gorgeous views to enjoy. And such a great room for sewing. Enjoy those little blocks in your wonderful new room.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Quite jealous of that view. Glad you're sewing room is now there for you. That would certainly be first for me--tho I swear I will never move again.

Rose said...

WTG! I can't believe you are sewing already....but what a great way to celebrate being moved. So nice to have a lovely sewing space. And what views you have!

Needled Mom said...

Wow. I’m so impressed you are already sewing.