Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Oops Almost Forgot


I'm having a very hard time remembering what day it is. I almost forgot to write this post.

I'm still unpacking bits and pieces and re-arranging AND trying to remember where I put most of it. I'm still a little unsettled but I think now it is due to the holidays not from moving.

Everyone is so focused on Christmas, do you realize that in 15 days we will start a new decade!  2020 still seems like a year for science fiction novels, not real life. This past year and the past 10 years have gone by so fast and so much has happen. I should probably be saving these comments for my December 30th post. ;o)

I showed my view last week but I didn't really show the whole view...

 (Excuse the pillows, Bella likes to scratch the furniture and the pillows are a good deterrent.)

The back wall of the living room is all windows, no curtains or blinds. A little strange but I love it. Nobody can see in as I'm almost the last house on the hill, everyone else is about twenty or more feet down. There is a big drop at the back of my property line to the house behind me. The house above me is waaaaay above and down the road. Very private. The bad side is I haven't been able to meet any of my neighbors yet.

On the quilting front, I finished up the binding on this quilt:


Not too bad...only took 18 months from start to finish.  ><


 I finished piecing the Temecula Quilt Company's Tiny Trees miniature. I like the little quilt but the finishing instructions were not the best. Once the binding is added I'm going to loose at least one point and it is technically not squared up...maybe a 4 degree parallelogram. How do you think red binding would look?
 


4 comments:

Loris said...

What a lovely living room! and a wonderful step out to that beautiful view.
Great idea with the pillows. And with the nature TV, hopefully Bella has better things to do :-)
Your Tiny Tree is wonderful. I definitely agree with you about those instructions. I can see why they didn't post a very good picture of the finished quilt. Their tree points are cut off too. I think I managed to keep at least one and luckily kept the top of the tree. It's a cute idea though. Still tempted to make another one to see if I can get it right.
Congrats on your first quilt finish in your new sewing room! You are off to a great start. Time is whizzing by!

Needled Mom said...

That is a beautiful room with a view to the outdoors. I love your tiny trees. I finished assembling mine too. Looking forward to seeing them quilted. I think a dark red binding would look great.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I have been saying the same thing! How futuristic 2020 sounds! The room, and view, are so pretty I wouldn't cover them up either! If I put a red binding on there, it would be a dark one. Nothing too bright to distract from all those pretty pieces!

Rose said...

How I love that view! And I love the feel of your room.

And that little tree....it is gorgeous. I think red would be perfect. Now that you have said red, I cannot imagine any other color.