Monday, December 2, 2019

Tomorrow is Moving Day!

 
I got the keys to the new house on Thanksgiving. I've been moving boxes and stuff that was stored in my mom's RV garage over the last few days but tomorrow is the official moving day cause this truck will get unloaded...


Isn't that scary looking? The picture was taken from the front door. My new house is on a narrow road, on a steep hill with an equally steep driveway. Yes, the truck is taking up the whole lane. There was no place else the driver could park it. Luckily the road is a dead end with only about a dozen homes above me.

I did put out a couple of road cones with reflectors on them - it has been very foggy in the mornings and I don't want anyone driving into the truck.

The movers will be here early tomorrow morning, I hope they have lots of coffee and Wheaties before they arrive. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep in my new house tomorrow night. 
 

7 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pics of your new home. Guess you missed all that snow up there. My grandson has a two year lease on a building for his business in downtown LA. He told me just yesterday that when his lease is up they are moving back to Oregon. He was in the Bend area before he went to LA so I suspect that is where they will move back to.
Merry Christmas
xx, Carol

Barb said...

I wish you all the best in our new home. It is always an exciting time!

Loris said...

This will be easier than the last move :-) Wish I could be there to help unpack. It's going to be Christmas all month for you re-discovering what are in those boxes! Praying the day goes well. You have worked hard for this! Enjoy the beautiful new home!

Rose said...

Well, today was the day...I hope it went well...I am so happy for you.

straythreads said...

Best wishes with the move hope everything goes well

Needled Mom said...

I hope all goes well. You will deserve a good night of sleep in your new home.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Happy moving day! And may nothing get broken!