Monday, August 31, 2020

Trying Something New

 

  Rose, from Pics & Pieces, showed a string leaf she had made that I just loved. I asked her how she made it and she posted a tutorial. You can find it here.  Here is my first attempt:

   I had so much fun making this. I have never made anything with a free form curve. Mine is a little iffy but I think it is pretty good for a first attempt. It is about 12 inches long (including the stem). I think I'm going to make two more then make a fall table runner with them. Thank you Rose!

   I finished the sports quilt. Bella's cat towers make a pretty good quilt display other than I had to add the candle stick (only thing in reach) to keep it up.

   After I took it off the frame I found the backing was just barely long enough but the last row of the quilt was so twisted it would have never laid flat - so I cut if off. If I didn't tell you'd never know. It still ends up at about 60 x 72 inches. A nice size lap quilt for a boy.

   And here's the back.

   Really soft flannels. As much of a pain as it was to quilt, I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

   This is just wrong in so many ways...

   I thought it was supposed to rain all the time in Oregon!!! I am not a happy camper. Although my air conditioner is now working appropriately. My poor electric bill.




 

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I really like that leaf. The quilt turned out beautifully too. Those are definitely not normal temps for Oregon

Rose said...

I love your leaf! Love the fabrics you used. And great job on the finished quilt. No, no one would ever know you cut it off. I love pieced backs.

Rose said...

I meant to say I would enjoy seeing that leaf used in a table runner. There are so many ways to vary the look of the leaves...I made a couple a long time ago but did not do the slightly curved center.