Monday, August 3, 2020

Who needs sleep...

 
...I do. I've never had trouble going to sleep in the past but lately it has been a real problem. I'm a night owl to start with so rarely go to bed before midnight. If I'm not asleep by 2 a.m. I get up and sew or read or play games on the computer. I'll go back to bed between 4 and 5 a.m. and hope I can get a couple of hours sleep. That's what happened last night (this morning). Luckily (hmmm??) it only been happening about once a week. I figured I'd better hurry up and write this post before I fall asleep on the keyboard.

I'm also posting this with the "new" blogger. We'll see how this goes.

I got all the stars made (48). It took a lot longer than I thought it would.


I'm still sewing the star border together. The pattern calls for two narrow inner borders. I'm trying to decide on which two. I'd like to tone down all the orange, so I'm lean toward the black and green on the right in the picture below.


Any thoughts?

(New blogger comments...Preview doesn't seem to be working. I get a pop-up saying it is preparing it but nothing happens. I've also had to resize the pictures as when I hit publish they were both huge and didn't fit on the page.)

5 comments:

Rose said...

Would you believe I have been sitting here for at least 10 minutes trying to decide. I do like the black and green best I think I do wonder what a light inner border would look like. I normally always go for darker inner border. I don't know why....unless I feel like that it ends that pieced top of the quilt better.

I hope you sleep good tonight....I normally fall asleep in less than five minutes. A tornado could come and I would sleep through it. Just the opposite of how I was till I hit about 55...I used to always be the one to hear stuff, and to get up and check to see what was going on.

Oh, your photo on screen does not show all the pic until clicked to expand the view. Tonight the new blogger is making them them all 640 pixels? for the longest side. I had to adjust mine on pics and pieces.

Don't know if I am going to survive all the changes. There are other things that I have had to deal with for years...and now that has changed, and I don't know whether to change it to what it always was or to leave it what they say.

Loris said...

I'm on the other end with sleep patterns. I usually fall asleep easily and wake up too much at 3:30 though I work at dozing longer. The animals start stirring around 5 so I am always up by then. Marianne is still telling me when to go to bed and when to get up. The 7 lb boss. ;-)
I love those beautiful stars! I think the black and green will be lovely.
I haven't had too much trouble with the new Blogger yet but did read they were getting lots of complaints so hopefully they'll keep working on it.

AnnieO said...

I’m a night owl so love to stay up late, this summer I can’t seem to make myself get into bed until 1 am...unfortunately I work in the morning so can’t sleep in, lol.
I like the green and black. What a great quilt.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Generally I am not a good sleeper so I do feel for you. Hope it gets straightened out soon! I agree on the green and black borders (to me, the dark stops the design and color).

Needled Mom said...

I hunk this looks great! I might go with a wider single border, but scrappy like you are showing it. I love all the different colors in that border.

I’ve given up on sleep patterns. I think these crazy ones come with age. As long as I function okay all day, I’ll take what I get. 😂