Monday, June 26, 2023

Couldn't Take the Mess

 

I have been in clean-up / organization mode this past week. I have gone thought every closet, dresser, fabric tower and a few bins trying to get some type of order out of the mess in each area...pretty much a hopeless task. ;o)

I moved everything that was one yard or greater into the long arm room closet, sorted by size. I went through the dresser that has all my reproduction fabrics and sorted them by size and color. I went through all the fabric towers, pulled anything greater than a yard, then sorted by color.

I cleared off all the flat surfaces in the sewing room putting everything where it belonged...this of course will not last long.

I found one tote box about half full of scraps and went through it, sorted, and cut to my scrap system sizes. 

Next up...


This bin of flannel scraps.

Whenever I do this, I swear I'm never going to buy fabric again...famous last words. I also went to an estate sale.


I couldn't resist the pinks or the 30's reproduction fabrics.

I have a large number of possible projects in bags, no pattern, no idea what to do with them, and not sure anymore if I want to do anything with them. Like this pretty set.


The year on the selvage is 2000. I still like the fabric, but I know I will never make anything with it. I have at least six other sets like this. Some with lots of yardage. I think I'm going to try to sell them. We'll see how that works out.

I also finished the 17 Brightly star blocks.


I swear I didn't fussy cut that center square.

Eliva is loaded and I started some of the ruler work.


To make it easier to quilt, and with fewer passes, I loaded it horizontal. It was a pretty tight squeeze. To baste the edges, I have to take off the ruler table with each pass. 
 

Slow, but I think it will be worth it.




1 comment:

Rose said...

Want to come organize my stuff? You have gotten so much stuff done! I am loving the new quilt!