Friday, January 20, 2023

Pinkalicious

 

I am the most unromantic person alive however I have more Valentine themed quilts than any other holiday. Go figure.

When I saw Missouri Star's Inside Out Heart I immediately wanted to make it but felt like I had too much going on so with a LOT of will power I didn't chase that squirrel...until...Project QUILTING's challenge #2. I did a happy dance when I saw Pink Tink. 


The quilting was done on the Juki. I'm really pleased with how the feathered heart turned out - it is the first one I've ever done. The hearts and meandering in the outer blocks, not so happy. It wasn't until I had the binding halfway sewn on that I had to stop and slap myself upside the head. I forgot to lower the feed dog when I was doing my free motion quilts. No wonder it felt like the quilt was fighting me the whole time. 

Regardless, I'm still doing a happy dance. There is something about hearts and pink that just calls my name.



4 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, the feathered heart is absolutely stunning! So fun to know just what to make for the challenge this week and it turned out beautifully.

Rose said...

Your quilting is fabulous...and another finish for you! It is beautiful!

Sherri said...

Your quilting is lovely! Keep dancing!

Carla said...

Gorgeous. For an unromantic, you sure know how to make the heart sing!