Monday, January 30, 2023

Progress and a Win


 I'll start with the win since I think it is very exciting. Last week I participated in the first Villa Rosa Designs blog hop. One of the blogs and prize participants was Electric Quilt. You guessed it, I won a copy of the EQ8 software! Now I can throw out all my old grid paper. ;o)


I have always wanted this software but never purchased it for two reasons: 1) it's expensive; and 2) I spend way too much time on my computer already. From what I've seen / played with, the software is not too difficult to learn however I think I may purchase one of their online classes just so I get all the tips and tricks.  

I finally worked on my January UFO Challenge project last week. One table runner and one wall hanging are ready for quilting.



The runner is 10 x 43 inches, and the wall hanging is 27 x 28 inches. I've never "finished" a wool quilt before. I think the quilting will be pretty easy - I do plan to add light batting and a cotton fabric back. I'm not sure what to do about the binding. I'm guessing fabric. It should be interesting finding something that will work with all the wool.

February's UFO is Bon Appetit with Ash. Hurray! I really need to get it finished and off the design bed.

The next Project QUILTING challenge is 54-40 or Fight. 


Hmmmm. I have some ideas. I'm not as excited about this one as I was the last two. Look for another post this week when I link up the finished project.



2 comments:

Rose said...

Congratulations on the win!

I love the wool projects. I will be watching to see how you quilt them and finish them. I really have no clue on how I would do it.

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations. That is a fabulous win. Looking forward to seeing what you creat with it.