Monday, January 9, 2023

What Did I Do Last Year?

 

I've mention before that I keep a spreadsheet of all of my work in progress (WIP). I start a new tab / spreadsheet for each year. As I was setting up 2023 I looked back at 2022. I know I've been busy, but I really haven't completed many of my own projects. 

I started 2022 with 10 projects and 13 quilt tops...I ended the year with 9 projects and 20 quilt tops (two were finished this week).  I finished 39 donation quilts, 6 of them I made, although not all were pieced in 2022. I also made and donated 13 pillowcases. 

While quilting so many donation quilts has really helped my long arm quilting skills, I really miss making - piecing - quilts. I said last year that I was going to focus on my own quilting projects and didn't. This year I am determined to be a little bit selfish. I want to get my quilts quilted and start a bunch of new fun quilts. Don't hold your breath. ;o)

Although I have started in the right direction. I finished two Project QUILTING challenge 1 mini quilts (posted last Friday - see below).

And a bit in the wrong direction, the double flannel (no new picture) finally has binding, and the green star quilt is quilted and off the frame. Here's a close up of the quilting.


And here is the quilted top.


Normally I don't wash quilts before I donate them, but I don't trust batik fabric so this one will get washed with a couple of color catchers before I donate it.


We have had lots of dreary, foggy, rainy weather the last few weeks and are supposed to get more over the next two weeks. It was so nice to see rainbows, blue sky, and the sun today!




2 comments:

Rose said...

I can't believe I am this late seeing this! I love how you quilted the stars on the Double Flannel quilt. I really like that quilt. I think you get so much done! Love that rainbow! WE have had a couple days with some sun in them, maybe 3 in the past few weeks. The dark, dreary days wear me down.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Beautiful rainbow and blue skies! You have finished a lot of quilts! That star is so beautifully quilted. It looks like a wonderful cuddly quilt.