Friday, January 6, 2023

Project QUILTING - Challenge 1

 I've been looking at Project QUILTING for years and have always thought it would be fun to participate but always felt like I didn't have the time. This year I'm going for it.

The prompt is One: the number, first, single, lone, however you want to interpret it.

I had two ideas right away. Both of them very different, so I decided to make both.


This is multiple firsts for me, first time making what I would call a statement quilt, and the first time using this type of applique technique. Note to future me, letters need to be copied from the back side.  Originally I was just going to have the word Alone but decided that was too depressing and hopefully never true.

My second little was the first one I thought of. A single block. A single color. And singularly blah. ;o)

It will make a good coaster.

Linking up to Project QUILTING 14.1


6 comments:

Susan said...

I like Not Alone. I'm glad you made the Not. Congratulations on having an idea, having it go well, and having an entry.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Your Not Alone piece is really beautifully done. And I like the echo quilting on your single block make, too. I'm so glad you decided to join in!

Nikki said...

Both are great!

PersimonDreams said...

They're both very beautiful. I'm thrilled you decided to join in the pQ fun.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on BOTH of your PQ14.1 projects!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your Not Alone quilt really stood out to me from among the participants. Love the silhouette added in the words. It speaks volumes. It is really wonderful.