Monday, January 23, 2023

Wow!

 January 23 and I already have 7 finished items for the year! Ok, I know most are small but I'll take what I can get.

If you missed Pinkalicious scroll down. I have the week off, challenge #3 will be released next Sunday. That means I need to get caught up on other projects.

Another kinda sorta squirrel and my second finish this week is this little Xmas quilt.


I didn't cross stitch this...I think it was in one of last year's estate sale bins or the Quilts for Kids's free table...don't remember. All I did was add borders, stitch in the ditch and add the binding. I'll donate it to the guild's quilt show boutique.

I decided I need to stop staring and start quilting even if I had no clue what to quilt.


I have three passes done. All ruler work so very slow. I did some free motion curlicues in the border but did them all wrong. I haven't decided if I'll leave it or fix it. I'm going to have to turn the quilt in order to quilt the borders, so I'll decide then.

I was bad at last week's Quilts for Kids meeting. I picked up fabric for four more kids quilts and a bunch of stuff from the free table.


Lots of goodies.


Soft flannels...I'm going to leave these whole and practice some free motion swirls


This just needs to be quilted. I'll donate it to the guild boutique also.


Love these! Twelve finished blocks. 


On the free table, yummy sewing themed fabric.


I'm not sure about this one. The background and all the leaves are already made. If finished it will also go to the boutique.
 

This is a cute canvas panel. Not really kid's quilt worthy but I'm going to quilt it. Some little boy will love it even if it is not cuddly.


Lots of plaid! I'll square up the blocks sew them together and add the red as a border.

Hmmmm....I may have seven finishes already but my project number is up to 22, and quilts in the closet is also 22. I need to get busy.







1 comment:

Rose said...

I have a lot to say...if I can just remember it all. Your quilting is excellent! Do you have a stitch regulator on your Moxie?

Oh! the first finish...the cross-stitch thing. You chose perfect fabrics to go with it. I would love to go through all that stuff that is with the jar of threads! I want to see what is in the plastic bag!

Those flannels quilted would make a lovely little blanket for a child.

I can't wait to see more of the blocks...just to see the fabrics used. It looks like they used the same white fabrick with them all.

I agree about some little boy liking that canvas panel...actually Lorelei would have loved that. She had a ton of hot wheels...all her dad's plus we bought her some new, and we had a place where we bought old ones. She would play and play with them when she was young. (She also loved Thomas the Train.)

I look forward to seeing what you make with the half square triangles!..