Thursday, January 14, 2010

Friday Night Sew In

I'm planning on participating in Heidi's Friday Night Sew In. I'm in the process of quilting my Retro Chic quilt - the center is about 2/3's done - I'm hoping to finish the center tomorrow night and maybe do something in the pop borders.

So far I really like the design even if my free motion quilting is leaving a lot to be desired. My leaves are getting pretty good but I probably should have drawn the half circles on first to improve my spacing consistency. I know what I want to do in the final border, Leah Day's Flower Ball, only not as a filler. I'll only do about two or three layers of petals and space the flower balls out with loops and leaves. What I'm not sure of is what to put in the two pop borders...should I do more loops and leaves or alternating long and short loops?

I have a couple of movies to watch and an audio book that I'm almost finished with but I think I need munchies of some sort - could be a long night - dark chocolate and red wine? Popcorn? Apples with carmel dipping sauce? Cheese and crackers? All of the above? Mmmmmm.

No comments: