Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Not so boring anymore...

Binding was added to this little quilt. It is made of the left over 2.5 inch squares from my valentine quilt. The pattern is 9-patch lattice by Oh, Fransson!

I put soft flannel on the back.

I machine stitched both sides of the binding on, I think I'll stick with hand sewing the back of the binding on in the future, I like the finished look better. Binding was also put on the little candle mat that I marked with a continuous line quilt stencil.
Would have been better if I could see where the line was suppose to continue to, my stitching got a little wonky when I went in one direction and was suppose to go in another. I'll use this design again, I'll just practice it first.

What do you do when you have left over Yellow Brick Road squares made out of pastel wovens? Add a pretty floral back and simple quilting.

I'm still working on sewing the pile of half squares into block...those may take a while.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful Spring time like little quilt! Job Well Done!!

Cindy said...

I'm lovin' these little quilts. I'm becoming a quick lover of Little Things quilted. Nice Nice Nice

Mary said...

Love your little quilts. It's inspiration to get something quick made!

Loris said...

Lovely 9 patch lattice! I do the same thing with left overs. I love little mats to put 'stuff' on...like computer monitors,phones,etc.
I love those wovens in the last photo!