Monday, March 8, 2010

Quilted - Fall Churn Dash Wall Hanging

Most of the items piled on my sewing table are small and I should be able to finish one a night, if not more. Last night I finished quilting the fall churn dash wall hanging and sewed the binding on - still have the hand sewing to do on it.

I quilted a maple leave in the center of each block. Not that crazy about how it turned out...wasn't crazy about the template so that should have been enough warning. I think I like the overall design I quilted on to the single block wall hanging better. But that is the learning process ... all of these small quilts / wall hangings / table toppers are giving me lots of practice and I am definitely figuring out techniques and designs that work for me.

I'll have another finish tomorrow.

2 comments:

Loris said...

Well, it looks lovely! I think small quilts can be more difficult to choose designs for. I facilate between plain like SID or just a little bit of pattern. Your sashing leaves are a nice touch.

Cindy said...

Well, I'm crazy about the idea of a Maple Leaf in each center..looks awesome.

I'm still figuring the "quilting process" out for myself as well...as far as what works and what doesn't.