Monday, October 5, 2009

How do I do it?

I am the queen of wonky quilts. I finished the Christmas Ornament wall hanging today. It is a quilt-as-you-go strip pieced bargello styled quilt. Accurate cutting and 1/4 inch seams are important and I was very very careful about both. So how come this wall hanging is 16 1/2 inches wide at the top and almost 18 inches wide at the bottom? Aarrrggghhhhh....

What did I do? I shut my eyes, added one more strip and squared it up. I'm pretending to be Obba. Obba is very timid, when anyone visits he hides under the covers of my bed. He thinks if he can't see you, you can't see the big lump in the middle of the bed. Using Obba logic if I close my eyes and just square it up the wonkiness goes away. Right? AarrrggGHHHH...

I will post a picture tomorrow after I get the binding on. Even wonky it is still a pretty wall hanging.

As promised, here is a picture of my boys. The picture is a few years old, but it is one of the few I have of the two together where they are not fighting.


Fred is on the left, Obba on the right. As you can tell, I do not have petite boys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I committing about kitties this time. Sweet photo of what appears to be best friends.

2 of 5 said...

Kids and Kitties! Just like two human siblings - Hugs today, hits tomorrow. Too cute. Glad you captured it.