Sunday, October 11, 2009

What was I thinking

I get these little bees in my bonnet to do something and the next thing you know there are a pile of branches that look like this (there were more, I've already filled up one green bin).

And a bush that now looks like this.

The bush was huge, about 8 ft by 6 ft. I hated that bush, but I really wish someone would have bug sprayed that bee before it got into my bonnet. I am so sore right now I can barely lift my glass of wine.

Earlier this week I found a bunch of stitchery projects that ranged from almost done to just barely started. Don't know why I stopped working on any of them but since I'm in the mood for some handwork I decided to finish them up. This is the one that was almost done, a little sewing sampler.

Footnote: If you are interested I found two tutorials for the coasters. I like this tutorial the best, it is made very similar to the one I posted. Here is another link for the coasters (you have to scroll down a bit), this one shows the hour glass (triangles) design. The second one uses an extra muslin square and batting. I made my first coaster with batting and I thought the coaster was too bulky and you couldn't get sharp corners - I like the fusible interfacing better. Either would make great Thank You or Christmas gifts.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Thanks for the tutorials for the coasters....I will have to go and take a your quilt is wonderful