Friday, September 11, 2009

Anniversaries

Today would have been my parent's 55th wedding anniversary. My Dad was also a firefighter. He passed away four years before the fall of the Twin Towers in New York but whenever I think of the firefighters and police officers lost in the Towers I always think of my Dad. He didn't talk much about his job or the calls he when out on unless they were funny or weird. Most of the calls he went out on were resuscitation calls where someone was hurt, some were heart attacks and such, others were car accidents. He didn't like talking about them; they were emotional occurrence to him, not just an event, as today is an emotional anniversary for all of us, not just a remembrance of an event that occurred.

Another blog (sorry can't remember which) said to make something patriot today, so I made a point of finishing up my little patriotic puppy.

No comments: