Wednesday, September 30, 2009

In the mood.

There's nothing like scrubbing a bathroom to get you in the mood to quilt. I realized while cleaning that if I was quilting I could procrastinate from cleaning. Too late now, the bathroom is clean, top to bottom. Why do I always have these profound realizations too late?

I did get a quilt back made. And I figured out how to make the coasters.


The above picture doesn't show the feature of the coaster very well. There are little pockets in it. I've put paperclips into each pocket....see?


My Aunt's coasters were all one fabric, so that is what I used, but I think these would be cuter with two fabrics...make it look like an hour glass block. It will take about 1/2 yard to make four 5 inch square coasters.

Would anyone be interested in a tutorial? Besides my Mother?

No comments: